Lluis Law is pleased to announce the 2019 scholarship for students in college who were recently granted asylum. Our goal is to provide assistance to students that were granted asylum in the United States and have strived to further their education.
Lluis Law is a Los Angeles based immigration law firm. We have been fortunate to have been a part of asylum grants of Unaccompanied Arriving Alien children (UAC). We have a fondness for our child asylees and have found that many are furthering their education in schools throughout the nation. We are hoping to give a little help back as an encouragement to this resilient group of children so that they finish their higher level education.
Amount of Scholarship
- Submit completed application using the form below.
- Be an UAC Asylee grant. Meaning that the applicant came to the US without an adult as a child and was granted asylum by regional asylum office or immigration judge.
- Provide a essay of your asylum experience and how your life has changed since being granted.
- Proof of enrollment in a 2 year college or 4 year university.
The submissions to be considered for 2019 year must be submitted by August 30, 2019. A decision will be made by September 16, 2019.
We will review applications. We will pick a winner and contact that winner to request proof of asylee status and proof of current enrollment.
If winner wishes, they can share their experience on our blog.
- False information
- Failure to continue with school
- Calling the law office for questions about the scholarship.
If you would like to send any documents directly through email, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org