Do you need help with a work accident or are you looking for work compensation? The workers compensation lawyers in Los Angeles from Lluis Law can help you with whatever you need.
We will fight to recover damages and obtain workers’ compensation benefits. We have been representing workers in Los Angeles, California for over 40 years.
The best workers compensation lawyers in Los Angeles, near me
Work accidents are frequent and occur for various reasons. If it causes permanent damage to the worker or his death, measures must be taken. We must determine the cause, identify the person responsible for the accident and if it could be avoided. From that moment on, the injured worker or his relatives need the help of a competent work accident lawyer.
Los Angeles companies must comply with the appropriate industrial safety measures. Also with the proper procedures to prevent workers from getting hurt. Unfortunately this is not always the case. Companies for saving money or for simple negligence sometimes ignore these rules. Nor do they communicate them sufficiently to their workers, exposing them to unnecessary risks of being injured at work.
The injured worker may consider that the accident occurred due to negligence of the company or a third party. In this case you should go to a consultation with a work accident lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyer can clarify your doubts while you receive professional legal help.
Workers compensation lawyers in Los Angeles at Lluis Law take the case, study it thoroughly and establish possible responsibilities for work-related injuries. Together with the worker they decide the best way forward to obtain compensation.
There are cases that do not require the hiring of a California lawyer, because they can be easily resolved between the parties. On the other hand, in the vast majority the defense of the accident lawyer is key. This will increase the chances of winning and guarantee the protection of your economic interests and your own health.
You can call right now or write and take a completely free consultation with us. You do not lose or commit to anything. So you will have the peace of mind of knowing if your case requires our services.
Practice areas for our experienced workers compensation lawyers in Los Angeles
Below you can find just a small a sample of our services. We can help you in any area of specialization in occupational accidents where you need assistance.
Dog attacks are common in Los Angeles and the rest of California. If you have been involved in one, do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have been involved in a construction accident, we can help you. Your employer or the insurer will not make things easy for you.
Unfair dismissals are part of our daily requests. As Labor experts with more than 50 years of experience, we will help you.
If you have suffered an accident at a fair or a traction park, you are entitled to compensation. In California there are many theme parks against which we have won cases.
Catastrophic injuries are a hard trance in which you will need all possible support. These serious injuries deserve justification and that you win your claim.
Injuries in the brain caused by occupational accidents require the best specialists. It is a very serious issue in which we put all our knowledge in your favor.
Many years of experience in the legal medical sector support us and we have hundreds of successful cases behind us.
These types of accidents are very frequent. Whether you have suffered a slip and fall accident in a public place, workplace or on the street, count on us.
Those known as occupational diseases deserve fair compensation. We will be happy to assist you.
For vehicle related accidents please check our section “Car accident lawyers in Los Angeles” for more information.
Whatever the type of accident in which you have been involved, warehouse, machinery, falling objects or from heights or even acts of violence at work, do not hesitate to contact. In Lluis Law we have been dealing with all types of accidents and work incidents for over 40 years.
This is just a small sample of areas of expertise in which we have been working for years. Let us know your case today so we can help you.
Workers’ Compensation in the state of California
All employees who suffer a work injury, whether legal or undocumented, have the right to receive compensation for an accident at work. Applicable according to the labor laws of the state of California. If the worker dies, then it is his family who may be entitled to compensation.
Workers who suffer temporary or permanent disability may also be entitled to compensation. They can receive it through the workers compensation system. Also through a personal injury claim, if there are third parties involved or even both ways.
Cases of serious injury or death due to accidents at work are not a simple thing. These are very serious matters where the victim must have the help of real work accident lawyers. That is, experts in personal injury and workers’ compensation.
In our section on “Workers Compensation in California” you can read more about it.
Workers compensation benefits in California
The benefits that a worker who was injured in California can obtain are obtained through the workers’ compensation insurance policy that his employer must provide. These benefits are:
- Employee medical treatment (includes all expenses).
- Compensation for loss of wages.
- Compensation for a permanent / temporary disability.
- Job training for a new job / trade if you can no longer perform your previous job.
Types of workplace injuries
Almost all work-related injuries and illnesses that are related to the worker’s activity in the company are covered by workers’ compensation insurance in California. Including injuries caused by an accident and cumulative injuries.
The most frequent injuries / illnesses in the workplace are:
- Injuries caused by accidents (fractures, wounds, amputations, crushing, burns, death).
- Injuries caused by exposure to toxic substances (poisoning, allergies, cancer, death).
- Occupational diseases / cumulative traumas (back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic low back pain, visual fatigue, chronic fatigue syndrome, stress and depression, obesity, contact dermatitis, gastrointestinal diseases and more.).
There is a set of diseases that are frequently rejected by insurance companies:
- Related to mental illnesses.
- Self-inflicted injuries.
- Injuries caused in quarrels or from sudden games.
- Occurred while the worker was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Important steps to follow in case of an accident
- Seek immediate medical help in a hospital or clinic.
- Obtain a copy of the medical report that records the type of injury and its severity. In fact, every time you attend a medical consultation, medical evaluations should be kept because you will need them to file a claim.
- You or your lawyer should obtain the contact information of the work accident witnesses (name, ID, address, telephone, mail), because if your testimony is required, you can locate them more easily.
- Take pictures of the place where the accident occurred or ask a co-worker to do it. Photos of the injuries, of the work machinery or object that caused the injuries, a view of the facilities and any other element that you consider useful to support the demand must be included.
- Be sure to consult your case with a good work accident lawyer to guide you correctly and negotiate for you the best terms for a reasonable settlement.
- Do not sign any type of document submitted by your employer’s insurance company or the responsible party, without first receiving legal advice.
- Investigate the real causes of the accident and verify if the company has actually been complying with the industrial safety standards required by California laws.
- Gather all expense invoices caused by the work accident to add them to the total amount of compensation that will be requested.
In our section about the most common workplace accidents you have extensive information on the most frequent cases nowadays.
What kind of compensation can I receive after having suffered a work accident?
If you have suffered a work accident, you may receive:
- Specialized medical care, including rehabilitation therapies.
- Compensation for lost wages.
- Compensation for loss of capacity in the future to generate profits.
- Benefits for pain and suffering.
- Temporary or permanent disability compensation (up to 240 weeks, depending on the severity of the injuries) or lifetime pension.
- Employment protection after reporting the accident.
Damages from third-party work accidents
The fact that the recovery of damages in cases of third-party occupational accidents is often greater than the benefits that the worker will receive through the workers’ compensation system, gives us an idea that it is not easy to win cases. You have to fight them legally with passion.
In these types of lawsuits, the injured worker can claim payment of:
- Past and future medical bills.
- Loss of wages.
- Loss of ability to generate future profit.
- Property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
These damages are usually limited in workers’ compensation claims. In a normal claim with the employer’s insurance company, benefits are limited to medical expenses, disability compensation (temporary) and cash compensation that is granted to the worker when the treating physician determines that he or she suffers from permanent disability.
Another limitation in the labor laws is that if the worker is incapacitated / pensioned by the company, the periodic payment he receives for this concept will be much lower than the salary he had before suffering the injury.
Legal help without out-of-pocket costs
Lluis Law’s accident lawyers in Los Angeles have extensive knowledge of the law and more than 50 years of experience dealing with these cases. This is a great advantage for clients who hire our legal services.
On the other hand, our work accident attorneys in Los Angeles work with contingency fees, that is, no out-of-pocket charges for the client when taking a case. Fees are charged at the end of the job when the worker has already secured the compensation check provided by the insurance company.
In other words, if we don’t win your case, we don’t charge, it’s that simple.
In order to obtain fair compensation benefits in your compensation for an accident at work with injuries or for the responsibility of third parties (other persons, suppliers, manufacturers and more) it is important to be experienced and certified in this area of such complex law.
The future of a worker and that of his family cannot be left to an amateur, because it would be catastrophic to defeat a court or lose a case against an insurance company due to lack of experience and legal knowledge.
Immigration status does not matter
Lluis Law’s workers compensation lawyers are bilingual in English and Spanish and have been dealing with these types of cases for over 40 years, with a successful record of cases won in their professional capacity.
In addition to criminal defense lawyers we are immigration lawyers in Los Angeles and hundreds of satisfied clients are our best guarantee. We will continue to fight to ensure that workers receive fair compensation benefits. No matter what the worker’s immigration status is (legal / illegal), we will fight in the same way to obtain the compensatory benefits to which he is entitled as an employee.
Not all workers compensation lawyers in Los Angeles are the same
At Lluis Law we take care to protect the interests of the worker, our client, and treat him with respect and personalized attention.
Defending yourself after suffering a serious work accident facing your employer or the insurance company that denies workers compensation is risky. The employer, like the insurer, has experts in labor law who will not have any contemplation when it comes to flat denial or cutting the benefits you deserve.
Without adequate legal help, the worker’s claim could easily be dismissed until the claim and court ends up being more costly for the worker. The most practical thing is to hire a work accident lawyer to help you choose a good medical provider from the beginning and, while you recover, ensure that your rights are protected.
To be honest, it will cost you nothing, who will pay in the end will be the insurance company. If the lawyer does not win the case, he simply does not earn any money. Don’t forget that your attorney’s fees depend on your benefits. The accident lawyer can negotiate a good agreement or stand firm in the lawsuit until the same process forces the other party to negotiate.
If you need help with a work accident lawyer for the purposes mentioned above, do not hesitate to contact us.