At the Los Angeles, California Lluis Law firm, our theft lawyers specialize in property crimes. David and Ramiro offer a close and friendly treatment in their family-run business. But above all, with great results for their clients.
With over 40 years of history in the same Los Angeles location, our lawyers are among the most recognized in the community. Being Latino attorneys they can speak in Spanish and English.
Cases in which our theft lawyers work
Here are just a few of the theft-related crimes our lawyers have been working on for years. Whatever your case is, do not hesitate to contact us.
Other theft-related crimes include:
- Shoplifting (CP 459.5).
- Possession of theft tools.
- Receive stolen property.
There are many other crimes in the California Penal Code that we work on daily. If you have been involved in one or more of them, do not hesitate to call or please send us an e-mail through our contact page.
Note: It is important to know the difference between robbery and theft . On our website we have a specific section talking about the topic.
Penalties for property crimes in Los Angeles, California
These charges will be faced individually by each accused and arrested person. The severity of them depends on the following factors:
- Place where the crime occurred.
- Property value.
- Criminal history of the individual.
- Type of force involved during the perpetration of the crime.
Among the most common sanctions we can find the following:
- Community service.
- Stay in prison.
- Restraining order.
The best theft lawyers in Los Angeles, California
Theft crimes encompass many charges ranging from a misdemeanor to felonies in charges of armed robbery with prison terms. Each case requires an experienced expert and that’s where Lluis Law makes the difference.
Our theft lawyers understand that being charged with a crime does not mean being guilty. Your charges may be the result of error, police abuse, or any other reason. Hence the importance of preparing a personalized defense strategy.
A conviction for these crimes can take you to jail or receive life-altering penalties. Even without a criminal background the consequences can be serious.
At Lluis Law, David and Ramiro have 50 years of combined experience. They can help you reduce or completely dismiss these charges.
A good defense of theft lawyers is key
Theft crimes are quite common but many people ignore the fact that they are considered crimes of moral lowness.
- Once arrested, charged and prosecuted, it would be difficult for you to find a job. Many employers refuse to hire someone considered “dishonest” due to the charges.
- It can also negatively affect if you are looking for a professional job that requires a state board license. Examples of this would be pharmacy technicians, nurses and others.
- It can affect your immigration status. For example, disabling the option to obtain or renew a Green Card.
As Los Angeles immigration lawyers we can help you in both, immigration and criminal law aspects of your case.
What do we do at Lluis Law for you?
- Our Los Angeles theft lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case to understand every detail.
- When we speak to you, we will evaluate the evidence the prosecutor’s office has against you to determine what is admissible.
- We will submit the necessary motions so that it is not used against you.
- We will try to dismiss your case entirely or reduce your charges.
- If the prosecutor does not allow us to provide the result we want, we will represent you in court.
For all these reasons it is important that you have professionals on your side, with experience and proven success cases. Timing is important in these crimes and the sooner we can study your case the more options you will have for success.
Do not hesitate and contact our office, the consultation is confidential and does not commit you to anything.